Friday, June 12, 2009

My apologies

I wanted to give everyone a heads up that this years 2009 SUSAN G KOMEN RACE FOR THE CURE TEAM TIFFANY has been registered. We have lots of information that we will be putting out probably by tommorrow evening regarding the wants and desires surrounding this years event. I don't know where I will be or what I will be doing next year to even hope of keeping this whole thing going so I have made a couple of goals going into this year just in case this is the last one. I am hoping to raise 5,000 dollars for the Komen Tidewater RFTC in honor of Tiffany. I figure she got it here, was diagnosed here, and passed away here so why not put the money here locally. Now this is gonna take some co-ordination which I am hoping to get from the other team out in hawaii. I am not saying that we should not have a team out in hawaii. By all means please do. I am just going to be asking that paople log on and make donations to the team tiffany here in tidewater as all proceeds will go to help fight breast cancer locally. Just so you know. 1500 people die every day from cancer. 112 from breast cancer alone. Almost 200,000 thousand women will be diagnosed annually from breast cancer. If we raise 5000 dollars that will provide 12 mamagrams for women who don't have the insurance or could otherwise not afford it. Now do the math. If 1 in 8 will get breast cancer there is a chance we could save a life here. Maybe two. I can tell you that everything I have learned about Breast Cancer has led me to this one very real conclusion. Metastatic Breat Cancer will kill you. There is no cure and the younger you are the more aggresive it is. The only key to winning this fight is in early detection. Finding the cancer before it gets to the lymphnodes and out to the rest of the body. The Komen foundation is our link to doing something about this and I hope that in Tiffany's honor you will help me raise even more money than we have in the past. Please wait to register or in doing anything over the next couple of days until i get all of the info and instructions. Thanks in advance to everybody for all your support, love, and genuine concern.

Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment